1. Applying to Botho University
Before applying to Botho University, students are encouraged to take time out to familiarise themselves with all the programmes on offer. Applicants must meet all the relevant minimum requirements for the programme of study they wish to study. It is also important for applicants to assess whether the programme they choose interests them and that they want to make a career out of it. Our friendly Admission Team Counsellors will provide all the information needed about our programmes and also assist applicants to make an informed choice. Details on programmes are available on our website: www.bothouniversity.com
2. What are the eligibility requirements for application?
Admission to an undergraduate degree programme at Botho University is based on the following:
1) Applicants are expected to have successfully completed secondary schooling. The typical entry requirement is BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) or other equivalent secondary school qualification. BGCSE and IGCSE candidates are required to achieve a minimum grade of ‘D’ or above in 5 subjects.
Applicants must have ten points in English and Mathematics combined OR 32 points in the top 5 subjects.
3) Additionally for all programmes in Health Information Management, applicants must have a pass in Biology/ Double Sciences.
4) For BEng (Hons) in Computer Engineering & BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering a minimum pass in 5 subjects including English & Mathematics is required.
5) Specific programmes may have additional entry requirements. Eligibility requirements for our post graduate programmes can be found on our website.
6) Applicants in possession of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in related field will be given exemptions based on the credit point equivalency
3. How to calculate points
The admission point system is used to measure your academic achievement based on your school-leaving results. Your schoolleaving subject grades or percentages are converted into points as per the table (see page 24) and based on your qualification. These points are added up to arrive at the number of points you have obtained.
4. Important points to remember when applying
- All students can apply in person or using our online application form available on our website. Please read the “Steps to Apply” document available on our application portal before applying.
- Clear certified copies of all relevant educational certificates.
- Clear certified copies of Omang/passport/identity card.
- Please read our Fee Structure and Policy document available on our website before applying.