Details Of Majuba TVET College Application 2020
Situated in Newcastle, in the northern part of KwaZulu Natal, Majuba College is an integral component in the regional strategy for economic development, poverty alleviation, employment creation, skills development and empowerment. Comprising of 5 separate campuses that offer a comprehensive range of knowledge and skills programs, Majuba College is focused upon making a positive impact on the community, social development and the environment, as well as contributing towards realizing the shared socio-economic objectives of local provincial and national government. Majuba FET College is committed to training using cutting edge technology.
• An Industry Training Centre that is a nationally accredited Trade Testing Centre, namely the Newcastle Training Centre.
It services needs of the SADC region and has previously received the Gold Certificate for College Industry Partnerships
• The Newcastle Training Centre is also one of the largest in SA where real-life simulated workshops exist to equip learners with the necessary skills needed in industry
• Development of unit standard-based learning materials at the Newcastle Training Centre has been declared best practice
• Critical skills offered at Majuba College are Engineering and Business Related. The College also runs an Open Learning Unit and contact sessions are scheduled to accommodate employed learners and to embark on lifelong learning
• Programmes approval with various SETA’s: MERSETA, CHIETA, CETA, ESETA
• The Co-operative Project which addresses poverty and inequity in the province by providing opportunities and entrepreneurship support to local communities
• Majuba FET College is the KEY DRIVER of SKILLS DEVELOPMENT in SA in the Amajuba-, Umzinyathi- and Tugela District Municipalities
• Majuba FET College is state subsidized and affordable
• First FET College in SA to form a Partnership with Correctional Services to offer the NCV. NCV courses are offered at different sites of Correctional Services in NKZN in the following fields: Electrical Infrastructure Construction, Civil Engineering and Building Construction and Primary Agriculture.