Education and training – Netcare 911
Netcare Education (Netcare Hospital Management (Pty) Ltd), including its Faculty of Emergency and Critical care is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training until 31 December , as a private higher education Institution under the Higher Education Act of 1997. Registration certificate no. 2014/HE07/010.
The FECC is furthermore accredited with the following professional organisations:
- Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Resuscitation Council of South Africa (RCSA)
- South African Department of Labour (DoL)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
Combining current educational methodology in theoretical teaching and cutting-edge technology with practical training.
For more information on the FECC’s accreditation,
Our training programmes
Whether you are interested in a career in emergency medical services, a healthcare professional looking to upgrade or extend your skills, or are simply looking for peace of mind knowing that you have the necessary first aid skills to cope in a medical emergency, the FECC has a course to suit your needs.
We offer a variety of short courses, undergraduate and post-graduate programmes to prospective and current emergency medical services practitioners. Emergency medical training programmes are also offered to augment the inherent skills of doctors and nurses and provide them with focused insight into the field of emergency care.
Members of the public can enrol for a number of first aid courses aimed at equipping individuals with the necessary skills to act in all medical emergencies they are likely to encounter in their day-to-day lives and even to save lives. First aid courses are also offered to corporates and businesses, to have their employees trained in first aid.
The FECC offers training at our campuses in Midrand, Gauteng and Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal. The FECC’s footprint, however, extends across Southern Africa, as training can also be provided in any other region of South Africa to suit the specific needs of larger student groups.
Courses for the general public
- CPR for family and friends – adults
- CPR for family and friends – children and infants
- Heartsaver CPR
- Heartsaver CPR in schools
- Heartsaver CPR AED
- First aid levels 1 – 3
Undergraduate short course programmes
- Basic Ambulance Assistant programme
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant programme
Other undergraduate programmes (aligned with the National Qualifications Framework)
- Diploma in Emergency Medical Care – Emergency Care Technician (Next intake June )
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS ®)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support for Experienced Providers (ACLS EP®)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS ®)
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support
- AHA Airway Management Programme
- AHA ECG and Pharmacology Programme
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS ®) – Basic Provider Course
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS ®) – Advanced Provider Course
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS ®) – Paediatric Provider Course
- Basic Life Support Refresher Course
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant Refresher Course
Please click here to retrieve a registration form. Complete the registration form and indicate the course and course date for which you would like to enrol. Payment for courses can be made either at Nedbank or via electronic transfer. Our banking details are found on the second page of the registration form.
Once you have completed the registration form and made your payment, kindly submit your form and proof of payment to the FECC via any of the following methods:
Fax: 086 638 8072
Fax: 031 581 8247
Personally: Hand in the documentation at the FECC campus nearest to you.
National office: FECC
76 Maude Street (Cnr West), Sandton, 2196
GPS: -26.104648, 28.056001
Faculty manager: Liana Harmse
FECC – KwaZulu-Natal campus
Programme manager: Pravashni Pillay
FECC – Midrand campus
Campus administrator: Grace Mokwele
Faculty of Nursing and Ancillary Healthcare (FNAH)
For more information on the FNAH, its campuses, nursing and other training programmes offered, click here.