WBS WITS Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- A one-year full-time programme in the field of Business Administration for graduates who wish to follow a career in management. This course takes a generalised approach ensuring that students have an in-depth knowledge of all the functional areas of management.
- A one-year full-time programme in the field of Human Resources for those who wish to follow careers in human resource management, industrial relations or training and development. Students are also introduced to all the functional areas of management.
- A two-year, part-time programme in the field of Business Administration is offered to graduates who are currently employed in a full-time capacity but realise the value of in-depth management education to enhance their career prospects. The average age of the class is 27 years with class members being employed in a wide range of job functions and industries.
- Bachelor’s degree (NQF 7).
- Post qualification working experience – an advantage and not requirement for the full time programme; however, two years of work experience is required for the part time Postgraduate Diploma.
- Mathematics: a level of competence equivalent to the requirements of the SA matriculation certificate is required.
- WBS Admission Test.
- In exceptional cases, non-degreed individuals with working experience are considered (RPL)
WBS Admission Test
The admission test is compulsory for all applicants applying to the PDM programme and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they book and sit for the test. This test may be written before or after an application has been submitted; however candidates should take note that an application will only be reviewed once the test is written. Please refer to the attached information on how to go about with the bookings and the dates or contact Kathy Cannell on firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 717 3130
January Intake now open and close on 31 October
Documents required on submission
- Certified copies of degree certificates
- Certified copies of academic transcripts (Wits students and graduates are not required to submit transcripts)
- Letter of Motivation
- Proof of Testing (Unique Testing Number)
- Management Part 3 (to be downloaded, completed and submitted)
- SAQA certificate, certified copy for foreign qualifications
- Complete the on-line application form here
Applications are processed on a rolling acceptance basis. Once the class is full, candidates will be placed onto a waitlist.
NB: Please note that if you complete an online application all the supporting documents can be uploaded, however the original certified copies of degree certificate and transcript MUST still be dropped off or couriered to the Student Enrolment Centre at Senate House (Wits Braamfontein Campus).
Full time students will be required to attend classes everyday Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 15:30 for the entire year (until end November). Part time students are required to attend two evenings in a week, from 17:30 – 20:30 and may be required to attend on the occasional Saturday as required.
Applicants who have foreign qualifications need to send their qualification to the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) for evaluation. Go to www.saqa.org.za or email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call: 012 431 5000 or the helpdesk on: 0860 103 188
Fees estimation for the full-time PDM is approximately R 75 000 (excluding text books). However this is subject to confirmation.
For other requirements pertaining to international applicants, kindly contact Simphiwe Gobo at: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly contact Odette Pillay at the fees office for additional fees payable at: email@example.com
Tel: 011 717 3510 or firstname.lastname@example.org