WITS WBS Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
The PDBA has also been designed to ensure those with a 3-year qualification can then go straight on to do their part-time WBS MBA in one year instead of the usual 18-month duration.
What is the purpose of the PDBA?
- To prepare students for professional and/or leadership roles in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
- To enhance leadership, decision making and constructive approaches to solving problems.
- To enable students to access, use and manage information and to apply appropriate conceptual and analytical frameworks within different organisational management conditions.
- To acquire skills that allow for the presentation of information in a range of written and oral modes appropriate to various audiences.
- To equip students with general intellectual and life skills that will lay the foundation for good citizenship and a lifetime of continuous learning.
- To develop a student’s understanding of a comparative range of management frameworks and evaluate their applicability to South African and African contexts.
- To enhance a student’s expertise to manage in complex and rapidly changing organisational environments.
Who is it for?
- This course is for ambitious graduates who wish to accelerate their management careers in diverse organisational settings
What if I want to do my MBA?
- The PDBA is designed as a stand-alone qualification but equally sets you up to complete the WBS part-time MBA in one year instead of the normal 18-month time period. PDBA graduates receive credits for four modules in the WBS MBA programme.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree (NQF 7).
- Post qualification working experience – a minimum of two years’ work experience is required.
- Mathematics: a level of competence equivalent to the requirements for a South African grade 12 (matriculation) certificate.
- WBS Admission Test. Contact Benita Kolloori on 079 6012271 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- In exceptional cases, non-degreed individuals with working experience are considered (RPL).
When is it happening?
|24 months||January Intake: Applications open on 2 May and close on 31 October|
|Part-time: WeekdayPart-time: Saturday||12 months||January Intake: Applications open on 2 May and close on 31 October|
|Block release||12 months4 blocks of 10-11 days each||June Intake: Applications now open until 20 May|
What are the PDBA application details?
- Contact Contact Benita Kolloori on 079 6012271 or email@example.com or SENC on: 011 717 1158
- Complete an online application form on the following link https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/portal/index
- Documents required on submission:
- Management Part 3 (to be downloaded, completed and submitted) – Click here to download
- Certified copies of degree certificates
- Certified copies of academic transcripts (Wits students and graduates are not required to submit transcripts)
- Motivation letter
- Proof of Testing (Unique Testing Number)
- SAQA certificate, certified copy for foreign qualifications
- Close of Applications: 20 May (Please note: Applicants have until the 31st of May to complete applications, but no new applications will be allowed post the 20th of May).
NB: Please note that if you complete an online application all the supporting documents can be uploaded, however the original certified copies of degree certificate and transcript MUST still be dropped off or couriered to the Student Enrolment Centre at Senate House (Wits Braamfontein Campus).
|Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration